Sunday, February 12, 2017

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all" #cheesy (Jan. 30)

Cari miei, 

Another week has been fulfilled! Crazy! This week we had zone conference, all about the holy 
. Okay well I meant Holy Ghost  but the burrito was a nice try. Really though. I do miss burritos. Comunque!! We had a lovely zone conference and it was exactly what I needed to hear! There was a part where we all shared our favorite scriptures about the Holy Ghost and I shared my mission scripture, Words of Mormon 1:7-8. But verse 7 speaks specifically about the spirit:

And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will.

This scripture has helped me always keep in mind why I am here. Because sometimes it is easy to forget the purpose of everything we have been doing! And I honestly didn't have a specific reason for coming on this crazy Italian adventure. But I am sure glad I came!! And I have seen so many reasons why unfold from it that are so so special to me. I have learned that without the spirit we cannot do anything of worth! The spirit is what calms our hearts and helps us know we are going to be okay!!! This is how they described the comforter in that conference: 

He is the comforter (John 14:26) as the soothing voice of a loving parent can quiet a crying child, the whisperings of the spirit can calm your fears, hush the nagging worries of your life, and comfort you when you grieve. 

I love that. And I know it's true! The Holy Ghost was sent because Christ cannot always be right here with us to  comfort us, so he sent the spirit to be able to convey the same comforts he would give us if he was here. And I know it is a true manifestation of his love for us, when we feel his love. But the spirit can only carry that love to our hearts. We have to choose to let it in, and soften our hard heart and calm our fears. 

I love hearing from all of you and I'm glad for the readers who are still hanging on :) know that Heavenly Father loves you more than you can comprehend. That there is a life after this one. And when it seems like the end, know there is always a light. And always a solution. A way out. There is no such thing as too far gone. 


Sorella Jarny 
Sorella Hannah Jarnagin 
Piazza Monte Gemma 9 
00141 Roma, Italia 
Italia Roma Missione 🇮🇹

image1.JPG
Me and my comp 

image2.JPG
We swag. 

image3.JPG
When you have a midlife crisis in the street. 

image4.JPG
#straightouttaroma 
image5.JPG
Sweet sorella denti 

No comments:

Post a Comment