Sunday, February 12, 2017

"Therefore, I will Glory in my infirmities" (Feb. 6)

Cari miei, 

È stata una settimana bella come sempre!! 

I think this week what I learned the most was from President Uchtdorf's definition of pride. He says: 

Pride exaggerates its own strength and ignores the virtues of others. 

 I think that is one of the best definitions of pride I have heard so far. Because it is true. When we think we can do it all ourself, we think we are stronger than God has made us to be and we defy him the opportunity to extend a hand of grace toward us. 

But I think the other part has hit me really hard too. I think it is very important we are working to praise and compliment the virtues of others, because when we do so, we help them recognize those virtues and those talents. Because what does it hurt telling someone they are good at something? And helping them see that there is good in them too? I don't think we do it enough as people. Thanking the people we love and praising them for their virtues. 

And with that I think that I have learned a ton about being grateful for weakness. Because weakness gives God an opportunity to fix us. And to help us find gioia vera. 

Man's extremity is God's opportunity. -Jeffrey R. Holland 

I've been really tried this transfer but I've never been happier. I have found when I accept and listen to the plans and ideas God has for me about who he wants me to become, I find a true sense of peace. Because as I lose myself in God, I find myself becoming someone I never thought I could become without the help of my savior. In fact, it's all because of him I've even made it this far. And it will always be because of him. It's all about Him, actually. It's never about us. 

And celebrating Him, searching Him, and becoming his true friend is what brings me joy everyday. It's simple through Him. And so much more profoundly important when we remember that He is the only thing that matters. Because He can truly save us. Day after day. Week after week. It's always going to be Him. The answer to every question, doubt, fear and pain. It will always be Christ. 

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. {2 Corinthians 12:7-10} 

Vi voglio un sacco di bene!!! 


Sorella Giarni 

Sorella Hannah Jarnagin 
Piazza Monte Gemma 9 
00141 Roma, Italia 
Italia Roma Missione 🇮🇹


image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment