Sunday, February 12, 2017

But How Could He Love a Heart Like Mine? (Jan.9)

Ciao tutti, 

This week was a week of miracles and changes and interesting things. A lot of prayers answered and stretching and growing, like always ;) 

It's been really been our aim this transfer to get to know our blessed members better. They really bring so much light and so much commitment to this world, it's wonderful. We were able to visit quite a few members this week, and to see their eagerness and desire to do missionary work was wonderful! They're so in gamba it's awesome. 

This week one of my goals was to "love my weaknesses" this week, because I have been thinking about how it is easy to love ourselves when it comes to the things we are good at. When we are succeeding it's easy to keep going on, to not have to be motivated to continue, and just keep breezing right along. But when it comes to our weaknesses, suddenly it becomes hard to love ourselves again. But why? We know we are human we know we are weak. But maybe it's because we are trying to overcome them alone. Maybe we are seeing our weaknesses without adding Christ's ability to change them into strengths, talents even, and that's why we suddenly find those pieces of ourselves hard to love. 

I haven't been enjoying the work as much as I would like to this week, and I realized it was because I was focusing on all the things that don't matter, the things I can't control, instead of focusing on the one thing that does matter. Or more, the one person who makes it matter. 
I have been forgetting to seek Christ, to seek my beloved savior, instead of getting sidetracked by the things the world wants me to believe are important. I've been forgetting the heart of it all, which is Him. 

And when I finally realized this, it helped me find joy in being weak. In not being able to do it all myself. Because he was there, lifting me. And it gave him a chance to help me. I began to start giving him a chance to fix me again. And it made me finally realize that not having it all together is the part where you can finally realize what truly matters in your life. That's when you can begin to feel peace. The kind of peace that comes from realizing its okay not to be okay, because Christ can help us when we aren't okay. He can pick up the pieces when we can't. He can turn things back around. He can help us remember how to be happy. How to love ourselves again. 

I know that things can seem dark and they are. I know it can seem endless, but there is an end. And if we trust him, he can carry us to it. He can help us believe in second chances, in fresh starts again. He can help us remember that its about who we are becoming and not about who we were. 

Vi voglio bene

Sorella Jarnagin
Sorella Hannah Jarnagin 
Piazza Monte Gemma 9 
00141 Roma, Italia 
Italia Roma Missione 🇮🇹












No comments:

Post a Comment