This week was many ups and downs and roller coasters like always. But really I just wanted to share a few parts of a talk I read this morning.
If you’re seeing more of your weaknesses, that just might mean you’re moving nearer to God, not farther away.
This earth is not our home. We are away at school, trying to master the lessons of “the great plan of happiness” so we can return home and know what it means to be there.
I love that. We are just on earth away at school, learning. It's ok if we mess up, if we fail, if we are homesick for a better world, if we feel lost, broken, hurt, or simply alone. It could be because this isn't our home. We miss the glory we used to know, the brightness we used to have. But we never had joy. Not before. And now we have the opportunity to find it. To feel it and never lose it.
I know that joy is real. I know that god is real and loves us beyond our wildest dreams. I know that hope can make us feel invincible even when we aren't. And I know with all my heart that there are second chances and third and fourth and fifth.
I know that Christ is real and his grace is enough if we just accept it and let it cover us. It is dear. Sublime. Wonderful.
And it's ok to not be okay. And it's also okay to just be okay.
But keep going. Wherever you are on the spectrum of believing, keep going. Don't stop. Don't pretend like you don't have it in you. You do. It's there. Just keep your chin up and run until you're past the finish line. Remember all the people who love you because you are just you.
Remember that God, your father, is sitting by the window, waiting for you to come home from school. He doesn't expect perfect grades. Just that you did all you could and you felt as much as you could feel.
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Romans 11:6
Sorella J
Sorella Hannah Jarnagin
Piazza Monte Gemma 9
00141 Roma, Italia
Italia Roma Missione 🇮🇹
No comments:
Post a Comment