Ciao tutti,
I didn't know what else to call this email except for the bus miracle because that was definitely what it was! But first things first...
I was transferred just outside of Bella Roma to Ostia, a quaint beach side city with many pigeons and a tree in the road. I was here for a crazy week in August and I am pumped to finally be back. I love this little city! And I am just a stone's throw away from my old Roma Uno stomping grounds. My new comp is Sorella Jessie Hills and she is from New Hampshire and she is tall and nice and has a dimple too!! She's an angel :)
On my last night in Rome I was on a split with sorella Cardullo (not my comp) and we were riding the bus home together to pack because she is now in my blessed Caserta! But on the bus this woman says to me in English "I like your tag." And me being the cynic I am, thought she was being rude but I asked if she had seen it before, she said no and asked if we were students. We said no we were missionaries!! And then she asked what church, and she said she wanted to be part of whatever we were part of because she wanted her girls to grow up and be just like us. She is from India, came to Rome because of an arranged marriage, but is now a single mom. And she invited us back to her apartment that second and gave us about five juice boxes each and just told us how she wanted her girls to be good. It was so CUtE. And then we showed her 'grazie a lui' which she recognized from having seen on facebook!!! (Good job techies, keep sharing the good word on cyber space!!!) and she cried!!! And we left. But then my peeps in Rome one said she came to church!!! And cried the whole time!!! I am so happy for her and I hope she has a miraculous time!!!! There are still good people in the world and the gospel is still true and God still lives!!!
Never stop fighting the bad and remember good will always win! We know how this ends, and Christ is always the answer. He will never be too simple.
36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.- Alma 37:36-37
Happy Valentines and I LOvEeeee you allll
Sorella Hannah Jarnagin
Piazza Monte Gemma 9
00141 Roma, Italia
Italia Roma Missione 🇮🇹
Same place. Hours later.
No comments:
Post a Comment