Monday, August 8, 2016

Let God (August 1st)

Ciao tutti, 

This week sure has been something!!! I'd say it's been quite the most eventful week as in there were really no events and yet a lot of events happened. My comp has been ill and is getting progressively sicker, so prayers for her would not be turned away! But we were still able to have scambio this week because Slla Workman is a mad trooper. And it was super duper fun!! It was cool to see a greenie and realize that I have grown. And we ate pizza so one can never be mad about that!!  

But this week I've been realizing more and more that I have to let go, and Let God. I have to let him do the things that he needs to be done, and I have to be willing to do those things that he wants. It's hard to let go of how we had things all planned out in our heads, where our lives will go, who we think we need to be, but it's worth it because his plan is better. He wants us to have what we want, just in the best way possible. He wants us to be truly happy, and to have lasting joy. And only through showing our love for him by keeping his commandments and aligning our will with his can we truly obtain pure joy. I know it is something that only comes from God and the gospel. Without the gospel, there is no good news!!! 

Speaking of good news, I sat by a woman on the bus the other day and she was holding her little son who was maybe eight months old. And we asked what his name was, and she said it was Good News. And so, it's true! Good news still exists! It is alive and well, just like that adorable little boy. And God gives it to us in the least expected places, when we are grateful and we are willing to do the things he asks us to do. Because really, God's sole purpose is to bless us and help us have eternal life. He is not here to make us miserable, but to be able to tell the difference between joy and misery, so one day, we can become like him. He is kind. He is loving. He is our Father. He never lets us down. Even when it seems like it, he always has something wonderful in store. 

I love you all and I love being a missionary. I am not the same. My heart has forever been changed and is continuing to be changed. And although growth can be exquisitely painful sometimes, 

It is sooooo worth it. 


Have the greatest week and keep being the greatest people. 

23 And now Father, I pray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe on their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one.-3 Nephi 19:23 

Vi voglio bene, 

Sorella Jarnagin 


Sorry I don't have any good pictures this week. But I love ya! 



No comments:

Post a Comment