Wednesday, August 24, 2016

And With His Stripes We Are Healed.

Ciao beautiful humans,

How is everything? I hope good! It is true I have been transferred to.... CASERTA!!! Its a city about an hour out of Napoli! (Naples) with Sorella Hess who I met back in January before the mission! She is only one transfer ahead of me. And it's a seven week transfer... So pray for us! Haha. We are going to have to work really hard with the language and with knowing where everything is... But it is gonna be awesome! We have already gotten 2 new simps since I arrive Thursday so we are planning on killing it.

This transfer is gonna be awesome and hopefully a lot less stressful and crazy than the last!! Haha but honestly Napoli is awesome! It's a lot different than the north and the accent and dialect is legitimately real.. But it's super cool. We have some really solid people here and I am so psyched to keep working here!!!

Something I have been studying a lot these past few weeks has been faith. Faith in Christ, really. I've been thinking a lot about the woman with the issue of blood in the bible, and she had so much faith that Christ could heal her, so she acted on that faith, and she touched the edge of his clothes. And in that small and simple act of faith, Christ felt her desire to be healed and he acknowledged her efforts and he healed her. And the thing is, that is all it takes to be healed. Obviously it may not happen in a split second or by Christ physically being next to you, but it is as easy as reaching out to Christ, and knowing that he is the source of all good. The source of all healing. And he already died for us. He already suffered. We can't take that for granted. It was not a small price to pay. It was the greatest price that was ever payed, and it was all so that we could be successful and feel joy and not just be trapped in misery forever. 

And I was reading a talk this morning about grief, and how it is a godly emotion. And grief is a by part of love. It is when we love someone and when they are gone or have passed on, we feel grief. And if we never felt grief we know we never felt love, because they are connected. And I think Christ feels that for us when we have fallen from him or we pull ourselves farther away from him. He feels so much grief and sorrow for us because he loves us so much. And all we have to do to begin to be healed is to reach out to him and faith that he can make us clean again. Because HE can. He is the only one who can. 


4 ¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. - Isaiah 53:4-5 

I love you all and I know Christ does too. Beyond our imagination and beyond our very low human comprehension. He loves us each for our flaws and our strengths. And he wants you to know it. So come back. Keep trying to be as close to him as you can. He can heal you, if you let him. Ask him, on your knees in prayer or in your heart if that is all you can muster in those moments that you feel too weak to even speak and utter his name. But just ask. And I know he will. He will take it away. He will lift you up. He will send angels to your aid. It's not just some story we tell or a fairytale or only a historical figure. He is a real man. He lives. His love is more real than anyone's love has ever been. And it can never be matched or truly understood. And I know that he will listen. He will be there. Even if maybe you don't think anyone else will or can be or wants to be. He will and he can and he wants to, be there for you. He loves you, and that matters. 


Vi voglio un mondo di bene, 

Sorella Jarnagin 


image2.JPG
image3.JPG

image4.JPG
image5.JPG
My ghetto drawing... :( 

image7.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment