Ciao tutti,
Whoa. I literally just had PDAy! Life is really flying right on by! Well, Ill just get right to it. Sorella Holiday is getting transferred! To Rome 3 (the Jewish ghetto of Rome) to blow in train!!! Which means I get a little sister!! Sickness. I get to meet her Thursday when I go pick up my new comp who is Sorella Workman from Ammon (she is the one from your ward Kaia and Heidi!) un piccolo mondo!!! And yeah. I'm not a verdina anymore! Yellow always was more my color.
Anyways this week was packed with the sweatiest humidity and heat ever, many miracles and unexpected things! We got to see President and Sorella Pickerd on Saturday night because Pescara is getting a new chapel!!! Making our way up in the world here in Abruzzo. But they came and I love them both! They are so so wonderful. Sorella Pickerd is the coolest human ever. She served her mission just in Napoli and Rome, so she is pretty amazing! Sisters can't even serve in Napoli anymore. I love them! Gah.
Another awesome thing, is Elly, one of our simps, who told us she didn't want to see us anymore let us see her last PDAy and she really opened up to us and is just really stressed because she has some heart problems and has to work a lot like everyone here and so she felt just too busy for us.... But then she came to church yesterday all three hours!!! And so did Maura!!! It was sooo awesome. I was soooo happy!! When people come to church it is like Christmas on steroids. So happy!
This summer heat has brought a lot of potentials to us! The work is picking back up and I'm really excited for what this transfer has to bring! President asked us to study repentance for next zone conference. And so this morning in personal study, I was reading a talk by James E. Faust (whom I love so much! He was too cool) and it is called "Woman, Why Weepest Thou?" And he talks a little about Mary Magdalene when she is crying because Christ's body is gone. But it really was just talking about the atonement, and how it enables us, but there was one quote I really just loved, is when he quotes President Kimball. It reads:
As President Kimball reminds us: “The principle of repentance--of rising again whenever we fall, brushing ourselves off, and setting off again on that upward trail--is the basis for our hope. It is through repentance that the Lord Jesus Christ can work his healing miracle, infusing us with strength when we are weak, health when we are sick, hope when we are downhearted, love when we feel empty, and understanding when we search for truth.”
That is my favorite! I just love it. Repentance is simply picking ourselves back up when we fall! It's something that we have to do in order to be healed. In order to continue on the upward trail. And it is what gives us hope! And in a world as fallen as this one, hope is something we need. So I love that. The very thing that is going to save us, is repentance. It heals us. It puts us back together. It brushes us off again. Not just it though. Him. Christ does that for us. And he's always there, waiting for us, offering his hand out to us. All we have to do is reach up and take it. We can't get out of it alone. And why would we even want to? Why would we want to stay alone in the dark when we could stand with him in the light? I see so many people here every day content with darkness. Don't be one of them. Take his hand. Come back to the light. Always look for the light and always do your best to stay in it. Don't just be content with the dark, when you could have so. Much. More.
That quote reminded me a lot about the scene in Batman Begins when Bruce falls down the well thing and that is when he really gets afraid of bats, because they are all swarming everywhere around him. But then his father comes down, and he brings Bruce back up out of the dark into the light. And then he says "Why do we fall, Bruce?" And he then says "so we can pick ourselves back up." And I like that. Because that's what life is. It's tripping and either stumbling s little or sometimes it's falling hard and eating concrete for breakfast. But then you just pick yourself back up, wipe that concrete off your dress, and you keep on going.
Stay in the boat! Keep fighting! Come back to the light.
I love you all. Have a fabulous week!!!
Vi voglio bene!!!!
Sorella Jarnagin
Laboring in the vineyard!
Pizza or die
The vineyard ready to harvest!
Groundbreaking the new Capella!
We found tacos!!!!!!!
Happy birthday Sorella Holiday!!! She is 20 today!
Click here to Reply, Reply to all, or Forward
|
No comments:
Post a Comment