Monday, July 4, 2016

Those Who Calm Troubled Waters

Hello lovely darling people, 

I can't believe it's another PDAy already! I hit my four month mark on the mission next week. I literally can't even believe it! Time is flying way too fast. But boy is it HOT here. Like hotter than any heat I have ever ever ever experienced in the history of ever. Mamma Mia. 

Okay, so it's been a bit difficult trying to build our work back up. We do have one simp still, and she doing pretty well. And we have been seeing many potentials and planting seeds, so there is something marvelous right around the corner, I just know it!!!!! 

Something I've studied the last few days is the idea of peace. It's something I tell people every day, that quando Noi leggiamo nel libro di Mormon, possiamo sentire pace, veramente. It's a simple sentence, and it's something that I have great conviction in. That when we read the Book of Mormon, we really do feel sincere peace. We feel it in our heart. We feel better. We become closer to God the further and further and more often we read, and ponder and pray about the things we read. I know that the Book of Mormon is our greatest source of peace, and our greatest evidence of hope. Hope that it is true, which leads to faith that it is true, which leads to knowledge that it is true and it cannot ever be denied. It can be tried, but it can never be denied. Because it is true. I know with my whole heart it is true. 

On my mission I've just had a true love for general conference and the apostles grow. I would just like to share two snippets from two talks, by two amazing apostles of God. 

Happily I am seeing more and more skillful peacemakers who calm troubled waters before harm is done. You could be one of those peacemakers, whether you are in the conflict or an observer.
      One way I have seen it done is to search for anything on which we agree. To be that peacemaker, you need to have the simple faith that as children of God, with all our differences, it is likely that in a strong position we take, there will be elements of truth. The great peacemaker, the restorer of unity, is the one who finds a way to help people see the truth they share. That truth they share is always greater and more important to them than their differences. You can help yourself and others to see that common ground if you ask for help from God and then act. He will answer your prayer to help restore peace, as He has mine. -Henry B. Eyring 


My thanks to all you wonderful members of the Church--and legions of good people not of our faith--for proving every day of your life that the pure love of Christ “never faileth.” No one of you is insignificant, in part because you make the gospel of Jesus Christ what it is--a living reminder of His grace and mercy, a private but powerful manifestation in small villages and large cities of the good He did and the life He gave bringing peace and salvation to other people. We are honored beyond expression to be counted one with you in such a sacred cause.


      As Jesus said to the Nephites, so say I today:


      “Because of your faith … , my joy is full.


      “And when he had said these words, he wept.”  -Jeffrey R. Holland 

I think we forget sometimes how proud the Lord is of us. Not even when we are being particularly wonderfully righteous or having incredible success or being the greatest, most perfect version of ourselves. No, the Lord is proud of us just for simply trying, every day, to do the things he has asked of us in return for his great atonement, for his, the greatest sacrifice ever made, and ever will be made. He loves us even when we fall and we fail and we don't live up to the goals we made, to the dreams we have, to the expectations of how we wanted things to be. He loves us. And he's proud of us for keeping our heads above the water still. For taking even the tiniest step forward, for getting on our knees and for praying with our whole heart for relief from our temptations, our fears and our inadequacies. He is, and will forever be, proud of us and our progress, regardless of how meaningless or meager we, in our limited minds, may find it. So to everyone out there, don't stop fighting. Don't give up. Whatever it is, just keep going. Keep trying. Keep praying for help and for peace and don't let discouragement get you down. Take heart. Love with all your heart your Heavenly Father and all of his children around you. 

And don't, for once, ever ever consider yourself too small to have your prayers answered, or to have miracles happen. Ask to be healed, and you will be. And if that is one thing that I have learned out here, it is that the lord loves us. God is our Father. He isn't just some superior being or sitting on a throne on the stars. He's with us, when we let him be, and he knows when we need to be rescued. He will send Angels your way if you ask. He doesn't want you to fail or to hurt. He wants to save you. Every day he will if you need it. Please, just take his hand. And if you can't truly say you believe, then hope. Hope with all you have that he is there, and don't let go of that. 

I love you all and Happy Birthday America!!! Remember how much I love you!!! I think about everyone one of you and am so touched when you write me! Thank you for all your support and encouragement and dedication. I could never do this for a second without remembering all the people I have pulling for me on the other side. 

Don't forget you are loved, and never give up!!!!!!! 

Sorella Jarnagin 


image1.JPG
Kat, this is for you!!!! Your daughter and me :) I ️Sorella Swenson 
image2.JPG

And di Nuovo. 
And that's all I have... But President and Sister Pickerd are amazing!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment