Buon Giorno!!!
Today was a miracle that I can't pass up talking about. We were just casually doing spesa this morning, and as we were meandering around the produce aisle, a woman walks up to us and asks if we are American. We said yes. And then she asked if we were Mormons and we said yes. and then she said, " are you serious? I have been looking for you for so long!!! . And we were floored. Her name is Ely and she is from Brazil and we are hopefully going to see her tomorrow. But what was crazy was I had prayed not twenty three minutes before that we would find a new investigator today.... So cross your fingers and pray that Ely works out! :)
In other news,
I was reading Anziano Holland's talk yesterday called "The Cost and Blessings of Discipleship". One thing that I loved was he said:
You may wonder if it is worth it to take a courageous moral stand in high school or to go on a mission only to have your most cherished beliefs reviled or to strive against much in society that sometimes ridicules a life of religious devotion. Yes, it is worth it, because the alternative is to have our “houses” left unto us “desolate”--desolate individuals, desolate families, desolate neighborhoods, and desolate nations.- Jeffrey R. Holland
So that was really lovely. I needed to hear that. Just remember, when things are tough and you want to throw it all away, just remember it is worth it. It is, because the alternative is desolation. And we all know what it is like to be alone. And it is not fun or easy or anything anyone should have to be forever.
So just remember how worth it it is, and how worth it Christ thought you were when he suffered and died for you. He didn't just do that with general pain and general heartache, but with your pain and your heartache. Each drop of blood he shed was just like yours. For you, individually. It wasn't some kind of check he wrote out or some sort of blanket insurance. It was pieces, every piece of sadness and hurt you have felt and will feel. Every drop. All accounted for. All suffered for. And all FORGIVEN if you will let him. I was reading in PMG and it says repentance means healing. It's not God wanting to punish you. It is giving you an opportunity to be healed. How amazing and merciful is that? I love it. With everything that I am. And I love the Lord and his incredible, incomprehensible love for us, and for you. And he wants you back. So be healed. Let him heal you.
We are teaching a woman named Naima and she is having a hard time with her daughter who has some bad back issues. And we just. We love her. And we want her to come unto Christ more.because he can help her. We showed her the Mormon message "Mountains to Climb" which is one I always cry during cause it is so touching. And I was strong with her though haha. But after, I felt inclined to share with her Alma 36:27. It's a scripture that touched me deeply during a difficult time. And I just told her Christ will be her anchor. And he is. If we choose to hold onto him and all he has promised. He will keep us strong and safe. He is our anchor. I know it. Hope is the anchor of our souls, but Christ is hope. Believing in Christ, is having hope. I know that is true without any doubt. He is sometimes all we have to hold onto. The only person we can talk to. But he is there. He is someone. He may not seem tangible, but his love will fill you. And he will carry you back to shore during those rough storms. I know he will if you just ask and you believe he can.
27 And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.
Have a great week, and never ever give up. Vi voglio bene!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment