This past century, I mean week, was full of crazy things like always. I have learned that missions themselves are bipolar, and we as missionaries are really not. It's just that we experience so much in just one day that it feels like a month's worth of real time experiences, if that makes sense.
Yesterday we hosted the newborn baby missionaries and helped them get thrown on into the tornado of tasks and schedules that the MTC consists of. That was a real party. And I accidentally made the comment: "Yeah, it's okay to cry a lot at the MTC. It's pretty normal. Everybody does it..." and then this sister just looks at me horrified, with like this look of panic... so then i tried to shake it off and pretend I was joking, but I so was not. Haha. But that's okay. 60.3 percent of the tears shed here are from the spirit or happiness, etc.
On Easter Sunday, we got to hear from M. Russell Ballard. It was really cool. He told the story of his grandfather seeing Jesus Christ, which I had never heard before, and afterwards the choir director told us how lucky we were to hear the personal account from an apostle of God, and not just the scripted version. So that was pretty touching.
Then on Tuesday night for devotional we got to sing "Praise to the Man" in the choir. And boy that was a crazy experience!!! During the rehearsals before the devotional, the Choir director who is the most legit ever, told us that the line "wake up the world...." something something was the line for us as missionaries. That that is what we are doing when doing missionary work. We are waking up the world!!! So that hit me pretty hard. It was really cool and I can't explain what it felt like to sing that with 500 other missionaries, but it was bellisimo.
And the speaker for the devotional was Elder Vinson of the seventy whose son went to South Sevier! Jaryn, that one's for you!!! :) So after sorella Tacchi and I went up and shook his hand and I told him I was from Monroe and that I kind of knew his son, and so they wanted to get a picture with us to send home!!! and while waiting to take the picture we got to talk to the MTC first lady, aka the president's wife, Sister Burgess, and she is from Richfield!!! Haha pretty crazy!!! Proof that cool people can be sprung from the little green valley.
But Elder Vinson spoke on exercising faith, and it was just what I needed to hear. How we need to act, and not be acted upon. So remember that if you want answers to your prayers, you have to have faith that they will come, and you have to act and keep acting on that faith, in order to receive answers.
Io so che Gesu Cristo e il Figlio di Dio.
I love Italian and I love my mission so much already. Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't get discouraged at least 327 times a day, mostly with not being able to just be fluent in Italiano already... but hey it is coming along!!! A few more bits of understanding trickle in every day.
Ps sorry if I say some weird British phrases like bit, Sorella Tacchi is certainly rubbing off on me!!! But I got her to say lerpy, so it's a win win thing:)
Congrats on your competition Hoper. I know you did so awesome. And thank you for all the mail and letters everyone has sent it literally makes my life each time!!! Keep writing though! and I promise i am slowly but surely writing everyone back as I get time!!!
I love you all, and remember to watch General Conference this weekend, and to watch with questions in mind so they can be answered!!!
Keep exercising faith and know that you are loved infinitely!!! I love hearing from each one of you!!! But like if you wanted to write me letters I wouldn't even be mad... Just sayin.
Now, on to a funny moment of the week:
Anz Ridd e Anz Hansen had a staring contest for so long they both started crying. so they spent the rest of daily planning just wiping their tears away... see people cry at the MTC from staring contests not just the sadness in their hearts.
Have a good week!!!
Sorella Jarnagin
No comments:
Post a Comment