We only have one PDAY left in the empty sea, then it's off to Roma. I'm stoked, as the hipsters say.
This past Domenica I was assigned to be Sister Training Leader along with Sorella Lo Russo, who is one of the Milano sorelle. We are loving it, but we hate toting around the ghetto flip phone they give us to call the front desk, and so it's like hot potato each night as we swap it, and we always just frown at the other when we have to exchange it. Haha it's the best.
One of the highlights of the week was doing impressions of our teachers, which I will have to send pictures of next week. For Fratello Sloan, Sorella Tacchi and I put on our grey cardigans and scarves as ties and we imitated him always tripping over the garbage can and blurting "mamma mia" or "caspita".. and Fratello Walden always says "molto bello" in like this sort of deep California bum voice.. haha it's funny. and for Sorella Francom we just put our hands on our hips and said "Anziani!!!!!" and played with our "bangs" alot... good times. They were enthused with our on point impressions...at least on the outside.
During lunch last week I found an ENTIRE dead moth in my salad. and I had already eaten a bit of the wing!!!! EW EW EW EW. I've decided now I am only eating pb & j until Roma because the food here is just too big of a risk..
Well. One last thing I'd like to share is from Alma 26: 30-31. these scriptures have helped me remember why i am out here doing this very hard thing.
" And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some. Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us."
One soul. That's what is important. Even if it's just one soul. One soul would make my entire mission worth it, to bring them back into the light. Even if that one soul is me.
I love you all, and I hope you have a good week. Remember to do your best and don't let things get you down. have faith in the Lord, because he will ALWAYS be with you, so reach out to him.
Love,
Sorella Jarnagin
Here are more photos!!!
we ripped up the photos of sorella tacchi and the terrible soul who dear janed her... poor guy.
we got to sign a beam that is going in the new MTC building!!! kewllllll
Ti voglio bene!!!
this is a picture that explains life at the empty sea.... yup.
sorella crandell and i were opposite matching... excuse my face no one knows why i'm making that expression. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment