Sunday, December 3, 2017

(March 10)

We are picking Hannah up at the SLC airport tonight. The Rome Mission is sending her home. Her health has become unmanageable. We estimate that she has likely lost about 25 lbs. while serving there. Here is what her mission has told us:


"Hannah's condition (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is very debilitating. She is not eating enough to stay here much longer without doing physical damage to her body. She has excruciating abdominal pain after she eats...


As I have worked with missionaries I have become aware that the Lord calls them on their missions and He releases them from their missions when He chooses. That means they serve at His pleasure and for as  long as He determines they should serve -- six months or a year or 18 months or 24 months...

For Hannah, the last three or four months of her mission have been almost unbearable and yet they have been months when she has been her strongest best self. Although she was suffering, her attitude was positive and kind...

I have so much respect for your daughter.  She is becoming a wonderful woman. I anticipate that she will just continue to develop a stronger depth of character.  She is very capable, strong, determined and gentle. I have enjoyed knowing her. I am sure you are very proud of her. You have good reason to be proud. Enjoy her..."

We are overjoyed and way excited to be reunited with her tonight, at the end of these long 12 months. Any of you who would like to come to the airport are welcome to meet us at the bottom of the escalators at 9:00pm.

We anticipate that she will give a homecoming report within the next few weeks. We will let you know when that is. 

Miraculously, she will fly in about 13 hours before one of her best friend's weddings. If she's well enough, we will attend Bekah's wedding in the Manti Temple tomorrow. 

Thank you so much for your understanding and loving support. You're the best! 

Love, 

Dave, Angie & Family

No comments:

Post a Comment