Wednesday, December 7, 2016

In Hours of Sunshine or in Rain

Ciao tutti, 

This week was great. We were able to see our simp Maddalena before she left to see her family in Palermo for Christmas. She is crazy, truly. But she is wonderful and she sure has a desire to find the truth! We look forward to working more with her. She made us cannoli and basically she is the kindest. She has so much love in her heart for other people it is wonderful. 

Which reminds me, if you have not already started to do the Light the World service calendar, I would invite you to search it out and do it! I know it will bring the true spirit of Christmas into your lives.

 The gospel of Jesus Christ is not a checklist of things to do; rather, it lives in our hearts. The gospel “is not weight; it is wings.” It carries us. It carried the Gatrells. They felt peace in the midst of the storm. They held fast to each other and to temple covenants they had made and kept. They grew in their ability to trust in the Lord and were strengthened by their faith in Jesus Christ and in His atoning power. Wherever we find ourselves on the path of discipleship, whatever our worries and challenges may be, we are not alone. You are not forgotten.- jean a. Stevens 

When the pathway of life takes a cruel turn, there is the temptation to ask the question “Why me?” At times there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel, no sunrise to end the night’s darkness. We feel encompassed by the disappointment of shattered dreams and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea, “Is there no balm in Gilead?” We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We become impatient for a solution to our problems, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required.
The difficulties which come to us present us with the real test of our ability to endure. A fundamental question remains to be answered by each of us: Shall I falter, or shall I finish? Some do falter as they find themselves unable to rise above their challenges. To finish involves enduring to the very end of life itself. -President Monson

Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, He is with us. He has promised that this will never change.
We truly need Him every hour, whether they be hours of sunshine or of rain.- President Monson 

I loved both this talks and invite you to read them! I know that if we turn outward during our hard times, they will become times that were meaningful tests of our faith. And they will build us up, brick by brick, day by day. I know Heavenly Father watches over us in moments of happiness and in sadness, and he is still there, watching over us, even when we feel so starkly alone. I know the atonement is real and I know it is by grace we can overcome our weaknesses and truly become like our savior one day. 

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ with all my heart because it brings me hope for a brighter future. He helps me see what I cannot see in myself. He sees me as all that I can become. All I will become. I know with his light we can see the dark times as just dark times. Times that will end, when they are meant to. 

Vi voglio un sacco di bene 

Sorella Jarnagin
Sorella Hannah Jarnagin 
Piazza Monte Gemma 9 
00141 Roma, Italia 
Italia Roma Missione 🇮🇹

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

Dead gingey.

image6.JPG

Maddalena the miracle ️

image7.JPG

Giant McDonald's bag for two burgers 

image8.JPG

Ice skating last week PDAY with the Rome 3 district 

No comments:

Post a Comment