Ciao tesori miei,
It has been a long, wonderful week! We started out with a scambio in Battipaglia and then we came back and had the Pozzuoli sorelle here with us and we tore it up!! We taught a woman in a store named Anna and showed her grazie a lui and she started crying and said it was just a really difficult time right now... and she wouldn't accept il libro di Mormon but she did accept the opuscolo of the Restoration. So we plan to go back there and teach her and hopefully she will have her heart softened so she can see how much the gospel truly can heal hearts and change lives and give us chances we never knew we could have.
Another miracle we saw during scambi is first we were trying to see our cute investigator Alina but the train never came. So that was a bummer. So we decided to go visit a less active, but I kept getting us lost, walking down super random streets and in completely the wrong direction the whole night, and I kept getting frustrated. But then we started heading down this street I knew was wrong, but I just felt like we needed to go that way, so we went that way and decided we would stop by Gaetana, our other investigator, whose store is close. But then she was too busy talking with a ton of people so we told her we would come back in a minute. So then I asked Sorella Hunter if she was hungry and she said no, just a little thirsty. So I said alright. We kept walking a little bit. Then we saw Conad, a grocery store, and I said let's go get a drink! Because you have thirst! (Haha) and so we crossed the street and went in. And five seconds after we walk, we see Anastasia, the friend of Gaetana who we met with once and she started crying because she said she just wanted to change her life, and live better basically. She is super cool, a personal trainer, and awesome. And we hadn't been able to get in contact with her for weeks she had been dodging us. But I ran up to her and shouted her name which probably freaked her out but it was fine. And then she botched me and went to go pay for her salad. But Sorella hunter and I just stood there with our juice, completely dumbfounded!!! Well at least I was!! Because Heavenly Father really does lead us to the people who need us. He really does help us see the things other people can't and he puts us right in their path when they need it most, even when they cannot see it right away.
And sometimes he puts people in right in our path who are golden. And her name is Veronica and she is getting baptized this Saturday!!!!!
So there's that. We are excited!!! She is literally the most prepared human I have ever met! She
LO️VES the GOSPEL and she LOVES Gesù!!!!! She is soooo coool. We are so lucky to know her and be a tiny piece of her beautiful conversion story.
I can't even describe the joy I feel when I see someone finally begin to want to understand, to comprehend, to feel the love their father in Heaven has for them. It is almost magical, the way it sets things off. And pretty soon, their entire life, their entire purpose and future is completely changed. It's amazing.
And I've been thinking about change today. About how it is so possible to change. It takes a decision to change. Then it takes a goal. Then a plan on how to achieve the goal. And then it takes tasks. Things, little things, you must consistently do to keep yourself on course, to keep correcting, to achieve the change. But most of all, it takes commitment. It takes a deeper desire to want something better, for yourself and for those around you. And then it takes consistency to keep that commitment burning strong.
And I know this is something I need to work on more. Being more consistent with my commitment to the Lord. I like how in Preach My Gospel it basically says that your success as a missionary is dependent only upon how committed you are to the lord. Because if you are committed to him, you will not want to let him down. Or disappoint him. And I know I don't want to disappoint my Heavenly Father. I want to make him smile. I want to make him proud. So I will do whatever it takes to make him happy. To make his children happy.
I also know that change is real and I know that it doesn't not come easily, but with a high cost. But luckily, that cost has already been paid with the grace of the atonement of Jesus Christ. So we don't have to pay. We don't have to suffer uselessly. All of the sufferings and pains we experience in this life are for something bigger. They are for our learning, our growth, our realization that our strength is not our own. And that us against the world with only our own strength is asking for failure. But if we turn to him who has already overcame the world, we can triumph. We can win. We can better. We can find joy.
I know God is real. I know he is our father. And I know that he lives. And through his son Jesus Christ, we can overcome anything.
Be of good cheer, the future is as bright as your faith. -President Thomas S. Monson
Vi voglio bene!
Sorella Jarnagin

No comments:
Post a Comment